Camping Organization & Meal Ideas

We LOVE to camp.  OK most of us do.  With the various ages of our children(34-13) it is an activity we can do together. There is nothing like the smell of campfires and lazy days reading and laying in your tent listening to the sounds of nature and looking at lights on other campers campsites.  Nothing like it,  I LOVE it!   We usually shoot for 3 long weekends a summer.  We have a camping trip coming up next weekend, our first of the season.  As I started thinking of meals, activities and getting things around I thought a Camping Organization & Meal Ideas post might really be a good topic.

ORGANIZATION:

I went on a search for a camping “to do” list.  I found a great list at Mean Mommy Academy.  You can go  here to download it.

I love having a master camping checklist.  It saves my brain from having to work as much.  Here is a copy of mine.
If you would like a copy you can download it here:
FOOD:
Food tastes so much better when your camping than it does at home.  Some of our very favorite meals are meals cooked in hobo pies and meals cooked in tinfoil.  Not sure if you are familiar with hobo pie irons, but below is a picture of them.  I have never seen a double pie iron, like below but one of them will be on my list of things to buy.

There are tons of different meals to cook with these items.  Some of our favorite things to cook with hobo pie irons are pizzas, reuben’s, ham and cheese, peanut butter and jelly.  For dessert we also like cherry or apple.  I found a couple of websites that contained hobo pie iron recipes that I’d love to try. They contain recipes to use them for all 3 meals.  We haven’t tried breakfast but I would like to this trip.

Get recipes here:
fireside recipes, pie irons, cast iron cookware, for sale, on-line store, smores, s'mores, hershey's, gifts, bonfires, snacks, marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate, great camps, adirondacks, vacation rentals, attractions, mountains, activities, historic sites, entertainment, educational, lakes, resorts, inns, cottages, camps, bed & breakfast, lodges, log cabins, hotels, lakefront, waterfront, new york, ny, history, raquette, inlet, old forge, tupper, saranac, the vacation experience, cruises, boats, tours, placid, george, dining, gift certificates, weddings, birthdays, holidays, anniversaries, reunions,

Another one of our favorite ways to cook is with tinfoil meals. You can check out our favorite meals in this post on Camping Meals: Foil Dinners.

Second Chance to Dream: Camping Meal Foil Dinners

While searching I ran across these sites that contain recipes that you can make with foil.

and this site has tons and tons and tons of camping recipes.  It’s from the boy scouts
Check out these other Camping Ideas:
I’d love to have you follow along. You can subscribe to my RSS Feed or sign up to receive daily Emails delivered to your inbox . You can also follow along via FacebookGoogle + or Twitter.
 photo 6c171ce1-4af5-4786-9353-d0a314977306_zps33457fd0.png  photo bae60660-50e7-45e6-9c17-a53e8753efea_zps5024667b.png  photo 1a86bab8-912d-4b1b-9892-458838d27749_zps4ad0cd2c.png  photo 9b3bc365-aa5f-4a48-97e5-6944aa3c3c20_zpsc491703e.png  photo f5061e53-07f9-4890-a947-3e0713a4387a_zps1a72baae.png  photo 12810623-e0ac-4f6a-b2e3-7de6fe00fe0d_zpse5871500.png  photo 66f07623-e3bd-451a-ab38-049c3b4192b3_zps4fb529e0.png

Pin It
(The above Amazon links are affiliate links)

Comments

Thank you for linking at the Our Favorite Things Link Party at My Life's a Treasure. Your organizing ideas for camping are terrific, nothing worse then getting out into the middle of nowhere and find out your forgot something. I also love your tinfoil meal ideas. They can even work for backyard camping.

We (my parents and brother and I) love to camp and when my brother and I were younger we went for at least a week every summer up to a gorgeous state park in Oregon. My husband likes to camp too, so we're definitely going to start a tradition when we have kids! Thank you so much for linking this and your camping activity ideas up to The Fun In Functional!

• says

Jessi, you are very welcome. I have so many wonderful memories of camping as a child and as a married person we rarely went until about 10 years ago and we go 3-4 times every summer for a long weekend. It will be great memories for your children. Enjoy!

This list will be so helpful!! Thanks so much! We appreciate you linking up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". Hope you'll come back soon! -The Sisters

Hi BarbThank you for linking up your awesome Camping 2012 post in our Saturday Crafty Showcase last week! Your post was one of our top most clicked post and you are being featured today! Stop on over and say HI and see your feature. We'll be giving you a Facebook, twitter and Pinterest shout out today! We would LOVE for you to stop in on Saturday-Thur and link up more of your crafty post! Perhaps you want to share pt. 2? lol We love your blog and thrilled that you found us.Susie @Bowdabrahttp://bowdabrablog.com/2012/06/22/feature-friday-bowdabra-top-crafty-showcase-picks-2/

Thanks for sharing these handy organizers and printables. I don't camp anymore but I remember weekends with the pop up trailer with my parents and how much there was to remember and pack!

Whoa! This is amazing! We don't get to go camping as much as we'd like, but this would definitely help. You seem to have this down pat. Thank you so much for sharing and offering your printable lists! They are awesome!

What a great post. If we camped I would be pinning this for sure. But alas, D says he hit his "camping" limit in the Army so it is hotels for us! :-) Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you next week.

i am SO glad i came across this. i am new to the camping scene. ive never been a fan of it, but my boyfriend convinced me to try it and now i'm in love. i can't wait to try some of these things! your check list is a must!

LOVE the printable Barb!!!! It's so nice of you to share it with others!Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality! I can't wait to see what you'll be linking up this evening!

Wow! Thanks to all these suggestions, me and my family do enjoy camping out together and it would be of great help if I could serve different kinds of food and dishes to then, which are easy to cook but yummy at the same time. I do appreciate your effort on this, and I'll make sure to try them out, each and every single one of them. –Sher H.

Trackbacks