Today our post is from my daughter Carissa. She will be graduating from Nursing school in one week. We are so excited for her and I know she will make a wonderful nurse. Carissa is sharing with us a YUMMY Spring Chicken Strawberry salad that will be perfect for a spring supper.
1. Gather all your supplies: chicken breast, I usually do one breast per person, strawberries, goat cheese, green pepper, dried cranberries, walnuts, lettuce, and spring mix. You of course can add anything you like in a salad.
2. Season chicken with sea salt, ground pepper, and garlic salt. Since the weather is getting nice it’s a great opportunity to get outside and grill!
3. Slice your strawberries and green peppers.
4, Cut up your lettuce and mix it with your bag of greens.
5. Cook the chicken until golden brown and cooked threw. Let cool and slice.
6. Mix all the ingredients together and place chicken on top.
7. For the dressing you will need olive oil, red wine vinegar, 1 garlic clove, 1/4 of an onion, and a dash of Parmesan cheese.
8. Mix equal parts olive oil and red wine vinegar. Add your garlic and fixed onion. Chop very thinly. I added a dash of sugar.
9. Mix together and serve with the dressing! This salad is very refreshing and a great healthy spring dinner! Enjoy!!
Thank you Carissa for this GREAT salad recipe! It’s 11:08 pm as I’m scheduling this post and I’m STARVING! I think it’d be best to not try and whip one up tonight.