I have the perfect idea for that special Father’s Day breakfast. How about some Sriracha-Spiced Bacon. A little sweet and a little spicy!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbl Sriracha Chili sauce if you like spicy
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp water (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place a wire cooling rack on top.
- Spray the rack with cooking spray.
- Place the pieces of bacon on top of the rack trying not to overlap.
- Combine brown sugar, Sriracha sauce and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Microwave the spice mixture for 15-20 seconds until it’s spreadable.
- Spoon or brush the mixture on top of the bacon.
- Place in oven and cook for 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip the bacon.
- Reheat the spice mixture. If necessary add the water to help make it spreadable.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the bacon
- Return to the oven and cook for 13 minutes.
- If the bacon is not crispy enough (remember it’ll crisp up as it cools), broil for 1 minute each side but watch as this will burn.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool 1 minute on the rack and then using cooking tongs, remove the bacon from the rack and plate.
Now isn’t this the perfect treat for dad?? I encourage you to give it a try!’