I have been working hard on detoxing my life and cutting out unnecessary chemicals and drugs. I have been doing a lot of traveling lately and still have more to do. Flying for me is very stressful and I don’t want to ruin all the work I’ve done cleansing my body so I was excited to find this Liquid calm recipe made from essential oils.
- 15 drops of vetiver essential oil
- 30 drops of stress away essential oil
- 35 drops of valor essential oil
- 50 drops of lavender essential oil
- carrier oil – olive oil, almond oil, grape seed oil, etc.
- 10 ml rollerball bottle
Add all the essential oil to the bottle and fill the rest of the bottle with your favorite carrier oil.
Here is a description of what each oil focuses on:
- Vetiver- used for sleep support and relaxing.
- Lavender- used for Balancing and Relaxing
- Valor-used for Empowerment, Confidence and Energy Balance
- Stress Away-used for Relaxation and to reduce occasional nervous tension.
Besides the recipe for Liquid calm I wanted to share ways to de-stress without taking drugs.
Ways to de-stress without taking drugs:
- Get outside- soak up some sunshine and fresh air. Go for a walk, work in a garden or sit beside some water. We have a pond and waterfall and I love to sit on my porch just listening to the sounds of the flowing water, it’s very calming.
- Exercise- this releases endorphin’s. Don’t let the fact that you can’t go to the gym keep you from exercising. Walk, run in place, run around the block, just move!
- Practice deep breathing everyday- especially when you are in stressful situations. Learn different breathing techniques.
- Do some yoga- this helps you with breathing deeply and relieves tension.
- Diffuse oils like Peace & Calming and Stress Away- Contact me if you need some suggestions.
- Meditate- Find some scriptures that touch your soul and use them as you meditate.
- Make yourself a steaming cup of tea. Teas like sleepy-time or chamomile can help relax the body.
- Listen to music- relaxing music can influence your mood.
- Take a hot bath and soak in the tub.
- Read a book.
- Give yourself a neck massage or get a massage.
Below is a printable recipe card for the liquid calm recipe as well as a printable label to label your bottle.
Here is another great essential oil recipe:
You can download here.
If you have any interest in knowing more about essential oils you can email me at email@example.com with any questions, etc. I’d be more than happy to help you.
I have lots more chemical free recipes coming your way so I’d love to have you follow along. You can subscribe to my RSS Feed or sign up to receive a daily Email delivered to your inbox . You can also follow along via Facebook, Google + or Twitter.
This post contains affiliate links.