My husband and I just took our first camping trip of the season. We love camping! Part of the love of camping is relaxing and getting some major downtime. We also love the simplicity of the meals. We love foil dinners and have some tried and true favorites. I try to include something new each trip we take and this time it was a Shrimp Boil Foil Dinner. It was definitely a hit and will be a repeat!
Shrimp Boil Foil Dinner
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled, deveined & tail less
- 4 raw Italian sausage cut into 1 inch pieces- we like spicy
- 2 ears of corn cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 potatoes cubed
- 1 onion diced
- Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 stick of butter
- spray oil
- Take 4 large sheets of tinfoil and spray the foil. This keeps the food from sticking.
- Divide the shrimp, corn, potatoes & sausage into 4th and add place in the
- center of foil.
- Liberally sprinkle the Old Bay seasoning over the ingredients.
- Take your butter and cut it into 8 pieces and put 2 pieces into each meal.
- Fold and seal your packet. If it's large you may need to double foil it. You don't want to lose any of your goodies.
- Place on fire about 10 min. on each side.
- Makes 4
Here’s my cute husband enjoying his Shrimp Boil Foil Dinner
Foil Dinners don’t have to be just for when you’re camping. You can make the dinners and throw them on the grill as well. They are definitely a family favorite around our house.
Here are a few other of our favorite meals.