DIY Palette Herb Garden

I have wanted an official herb garden for many years. I ran across this pin on Pinterest and really liked it. But a single palette wouldn’t work were I wanted to put it. I then saw this pin and I liked it but I didn’t want stuff growing out of the palette I wanted pots. So, I came up with my own idea. I really liked the color on the palettes but all of the structure pieces in our yard are white, so I brought my color in with my pots.

To make these palettes you need the following supplies:

palette
paint for the palette
hose clamps
pots
soil
your favorite herbs
herb garden markers
screw gun and screws

To begin decide where you will hang your palettes. I needed something on our garage wall so that is where mine will go.
Pick out your palette.
I had my handy hubby cut it in half for me. I then painted it. When I put it up on the garage wall I didn’t like it and it was really heavy. So back to the shop it went and we cut each of them in half.
I potted all my herbs in colored pots I got from Menards. I stuck in my herb garden markers in each pot, coordinating the colors of the pots with the markers. I then laid out my pattern so we knew where to place our hose clamps.
Next screw your hose clamps to the palette in the places you marked.
Close up of the hose clamp attached to the palette.
Once all the hose clamps are attached. Take your palette and attach it to the spot you have chosen. You will need long screws to attach it to your desired location.
Pin It

Comments

Thanks for sharing! Those are so cute and colorful! And another Pinterest conquest! Congrats! I have tons of palette ideas pinned, love them. May I ask where you get your palettes? I'm a little nervous to ask my local stores for them.

• says

Thanks for your comment! I found these palettes along the road. I often see them just sitting by the road at businesses in my town. You will look at the road side with different eyes now. :)If you make one, please share yours.

This came out fabulous. I wasnt ready to handle this on my own, which was why I went with the canvas shoe planter. I love your colors though. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

These are just adorable! What a smart idea to use hose clamps to hold the pots up, I love it! I have a brand new link party going on and I’d be thrilled if you would share this over there so everyone can see it :-)http://practicallyfunctional.net/2012/05/the-fun-in-functional-link-party-1/

What a clever idea! This is perfect for me too because I have dogs that like to dig! Just wanted to let you know I will be featuring you in this weeks Tuesday Tutorials Link Party at The Kurtz Corner! Be sure to swing by and grab a featured button!

Such a fabulous idea!!! They look absolutely beautiful on the wall too!!! LOVE IT!Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

It must be the season of clamps! I am in the process of putting together my own hanging garden using fence pieces, clamps and big soup cans. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday!

Congrats!! You have been featured at The DIY Dreamer – From Dream To Reality! Come grab your featured button :)http://thediydreamer.blogspot.ca/2012/06/from-dream-to-reality-linky-party-19.html

• says

Thank you Printabelle! My husband and I have had the best time working together and we are getting soooooo much accomplished. Thanks so much for featuring my herb garden. Have a great night.

Barb-We hope your palette post inspires many a family to start container gardening! We featured your post at our summer fun 101 series: gardening round-up. Hope you have a lovely week!Nicolette & Kareneditors of The Classroom Creative.

Trackbacks