No Sew All Weather Outdoor Bunting

My husband made me this awesome pergola swing for my Mothers Day/Birthday present.  I am in love with it!!! Didn’t he do a GREAT job??
I thought it might need a festive touch since our patio has lots of color.
I thought a bunting would be great on the pergola but I didn’t really want a fabric one.  So, I put my thinking cap on and thought why not use  reusable shopping bags.  They come in fun colors and are water proof.  I went shopping and I found lots of fun ones and decided on these three.
The two end ones were from Pier One and the middle one is from TJ Maxx.  I also found some really cute ones from Dollar Tree which I didn’t use for this project but will for something else.

I got on my silhouette machine and cut out 3 different bunting shapes.
(I did not cut the scallops on the pointed one.I just made them straight)

I cut my bags a part and then traced the template onto the bag.
I then cut them all out.
I used ribbon to hang mine on.  I thought about bias tape, but didn’t have any.
 Then you just hot glue them onto the ribbon and hang.  Pretty easy!!

And here are my adorable granddaughters enjoying G-ma’s new swing with her fun bunting!
Here is my swing with my other lawn furniture.
(I know that table needs some love.  It’s on my list to do this weekend.  I see a fun bright color!)
If you are interested in the plans for the pergola swing email me at bjac68@gmail.com and I can email the link to you.
Enjoy your family this weekend!!

Pin It

Positively SplendidSkip To My Lou Making Monday Marvelous on C.R.A.F.T.Making the World Cuter Monday {May 28 | 2012} Keeping It SimpleBWS tips button
Today's Creative Blog

Tip Junkie handmade projects

HookingupwithHoH

The Shabby Nest

Photobucket

Lil'Luna
Photobucket

Somewhat SimpleA Crafty Soiree

The Fun In Functional @ Practically Functional

Crafty Confessions

PWW ButtonHome Stories A2Z

shabby creek cottage

Thanks for stopping by. I’d love to have you follow along and subscribe to my RSS Feed or sign up to receive daily Emails delivered to your inbox . You can also follow along via Facebook.

Comments

What a fantastic idea! I was just thinking about making some fun bunting for an outdoor show I have coming up. You've inspired me…Thanks!

2. Wendy @thefoodwarand says

That is the greatest idea! Everytime I go to the store I use a reusable bag, but now I have sooo many, and I can't bear to part with them. This is a great idea to hang onto them! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Barb- you know this is totally awesome, right? lol Seriously. This is a project I will be recreating.Thank you so much for linking up in our Saturday Showcase this past week! We were thrilled to have you and hope that you stop back in on Saturday and link up more crafty ideas! Have a super weekend!Susie at Bowdabrahttp://bowdabrablog.com/

4. Tani@Tagana Rose says

I just dicovered your blog from over at Tatertots and Jello!!What a gorgeous pergola swing! And I love the colourful bunting you have created- very inspiring!!Best wishes from Australia, Tani:)

I think I need to whip up a couple of these and hang them in the garden. It will make it more colorful and maybe keep away the birds and other critters. Thanks for sharing on Tout It Tuesday!

The bunting is so cute and looks fun hanging out with your furniture. We are so glad you joined our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday". We love to see all of the great recipes and ideas!! Thanks and we hope to see you again next week! -The Sisters

7. The Enchanted Bath says

Just beautiful! Hey, where did your husband find the plans for this pergola swing? I would love to have someone build one for me :-)

Trackbacks

I’d love to have you follow along and catch the rest of this series. You can subscribe to my RSS Feed or sign up to receive daily Emails delivered to your inbox . You can also follow along viaFacebookGoogle + or .Twitter.
 photo 6c171ce1-4af5-4786-9353-d0a314977306_zps33457fd0.png  photo bae60660-50e7-45e6-9c17-a53e8753efea_zps5024667b.png  photo 1a86bab8-912d-4b1b-9892-458838d27749_zps4ad0cd2c.png  photo 9b3bc365-aa5f-4a48-97e5-6944aa3c3c20_zpsc491703e.png  photo f5061e53-07f9-4890-a947-3e0713a4387a_zps1a72baae.png  photo 12810623-e0ac-4f6a-b2e3-7de6fe00fe0d_zpse5871500.png  photo 66f07623-e3bd-451a-ab38-049c3b4192b3_zps4fb529e0.png