Today, I’m so excited to share with you my latest project. It’s a little shabby chic and a little country mixed. I’m even more excited with the cost. This whole project cost me $5.00. Here’s what you’ll need to make this DIY Denim Wreath:
- a wreath base. I had a straw one that I recycled from this project.
- a pair of jeans. I bought a pr of boys jeans from Goodwill (picture shows two pair but I only needed one.)
- an old shirt to make flowers. I bought the shirt at Goodwill for half price.
- fabric scraps to make flowers. I had left over fabric from this project.
- Something to embellish the flowers. I used stick on pearls. You could also use buttons.
- glue gun
- Cut your jeans off in a straight line at the crotch.
- Cut each pant leg into 4 strips.
- Wrap each strip around the wreath being careful to overlap but not too much. Hot glue each strip in place. It will look something like this when done.
I cut the shirt and my fabric scraps into strips and made flowers following the directions here and here. I added one of the stick on pearls to the center of each. I hot glued them to make sure they wouldn’t come off.
Here is a picture of the flowers close up.
I added a ribbon left over from another project and then hung on my front porch.
Now I’m ready to enjoy spring on my front porch!!!